Original comedy films or videos (Narrative shorts, characters, sketches, stand-up, stunt videos etc.) Make us laugh!
Some of the best indie films are serious stories that make us think, and make us feel. Enter your short dramas.
Share your true stories with us. All documentary topics are welcome.
HORROR and SCI-FI
Take us to the future, run away from zombies, fight some robots or get possessed. Original science fiction or horror shorts.
Some films just don't fit into traditional categories. Show us your art! Experimental/ Avant Garde/ Non-Linear works
MUSIC VIDEOS and MUSICALS
Maybe it's a short film for a band. Maybe it's a musical with original songs. All genres welcome.
All kinds of animation (2D, 3D, Claymation) in all genres (Comedy, Horror, Drama, Sci-Fi, etc.) are welcome.
Have you created an original TV or Web Series in any genre (Comedy, Horror, Drama, etc)? We want to see it! Series episodes must be combined and entered as a single video of 40 minutes or less.
Are you a super-fan who has created an amazing "trailer" for the superhero (or super villain) film you wish existed, a lightsaber battle set in a galaxy far, far away... or a film that dares to trek where no-one has gone before? Or maybe you made a film about one ring that rules them all. Whatever your fandom, we want to see your fan film!
Have you created a great commercial for a real (or fake) product? Show us your ads! Minimum length of 30 seconds, maximum 5 minutes.
Is your short film a dance battle with a plot and a storyline? Is it a beautifully shot and edited video of fierce original choreography? Does it tell a story through movement? Dance Battles, Dance Films, Dance Crews, Choreography Videos, and Dance Competitions are all welcome.
Original works of music (not music videos) in any genre! Songs, instrumentals, and scores of up to 40 minutes are welcome!
Rules and Terms
- IndieBoom accepts entries of 40 minutes or less in length. Entries of commercials must be between 30 seconds and 5 minutes. Narrative films must be in English or have English subtitles.
- The most-viewed (total time watched) Selection in each category will receive Winning Laurels (Winning Comedy, Winning Drama, etc.) Our panel of Judges will choose their favorite Selection, which will receive Jury Prize Laurels.
- The most-viewed (total time watched) film of the Festival will receive Fan Favorite Laurels and a cash prize of $500.
- The most-played song will receive Fan Favorite Laurels and a cash prize of $250.
- The winning script receives a prize package from our festival partners InkTip, Roadmap Writers and Virtual Pitchfest.
- You must have ownership rights and/or written permission to submit your work to IndieBoom.
- If your Film is selected, you allow IndieBoom (aka IB) the rights to make the Film available and viewable through mobile applications and desktop applications on computers, mobile devices, tablets, connected televisions, and other media and technology (collectively, “Streaming Services”) including our website and our Roku and FireTV channels.
- If your Song is selected, you allow IB the rights to make the Film available and viewable through mobile applications and desktop applications on computers, mobile devices, tablets, connected televisions, and other media and technology (collectively, “Streaming Services”) including our website and our Bandcamp page.
- Artist agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless IB and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) (collectively, “Losses”) incurred as a result of any claim, judgment or proceeding relating to or arising out of: (a) Artist's breach of this Agreement, including of any of the warranties or representations; (b) any adversarial action whereby IB is alleged to have infringed or secondarily infringed on the copyright, trademark, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of another party in connection with the Film whether or not the artist was aware of the potentially infringement and whether or not the Work is actually infringing.
- In connection with this promotion, Artist grants to IndieBoom the right to use photographs, film clips, stills, artwork, and the names and likeliness of Artists, Cast and Crew.
- The term of this agreement shall be for the duration of the IndieBoom Festival.